Why does Panasonic battery produce self discharge?
Panasonic battery has a very important application in our life. Do you know why Panasonic battery produces self discharge? Here's the details:
1、 Self discharge cause
1. There is grounding or short circuit outside the Panasonic battery. When the lead-in wire of Panasonic battery is connected to the ground of the body, or there are spanners, iron wires and other conductors on the battery shell to connect the positive and negative poles, there will be a violent self discharge, and the electric energy will be discharged soon. In addition, when there is spilled electrolyte on the battery shell and top cover, the positive and negative terminals can also be connected and discharged.
2. The separator of the storage electrode is corroded, perforated or damaged, or there are too many deposits under the positive and negative plates. At this time, the positive and negative plates are directly connected and short circuited, causing the internal self discharge of the Panasonic battery.
3. The electrolyte is impure and contains impurities, or the pure water is not added. At this time, the impurities in the electrolyte are attached to the electrode plate with the flow of the electrolyte, and a certain potential difference is formed between the impurities, which will form a lot of micro batteries with self formed channels inside the battery, so that the battery is often in a short circuit state. The test shows that if the electrolyte contains 1% iron, Panasonic battery will discharge all electric energy within 24 hours after it is fully charged.
4. The quality of Panasonic battery plate itself is not good, it contains many impurities, and it will form many small batteries and discharge itself.
5. If the battery is stored for a long time, the water and sulfuric acid in the electrolyte will be stratified due to different specific gravity, making the electrolyte density small up and large down, forming potential difference and self discharging.
2、 Preventive measures
1. Strengthen the maintenance of Panasonic battery and keep the upper cover of battery clean.
2. Ensure the high purity of electrolyte. When preparing electrolyte and adding distilled water, strictly prevent impurities from entering.
3. The battery shall be charged frequently during storage to keep the electrolyte density uniform and keep the liquid level from falling.
4. When washing the battery surface, it is necessary to prevent sewage from entering the battery from the filler cap or vent hole.
5. Repair or replace the diaphragm and plate in time when they are damaged.
6. When replacing the electrolyte, be sure to remove the residual liquid in the Panasonic battery.