Why do Panasonic batteries need to avoid excessive discharge in use?
The emergence of Panasonic batteries has brought us many aspects of life. In order to fully play Panasonic batteries, we not only need to maintain Panasonic batteries in the use process, but also need to avoid the phenomenon of excessive discharge when Panasonic batteries are in use. Why?
First, why should not the battery be over-discharged?
In the process of battery discharge, lead dioxide and sponge lead form lead sulfate crystallites in chemical reaction. After excessive discharge, lead sulfate crystallites will form many larger crystallites. When the crystallites are distributed unevenly, the plates will warp and the internal resistance of the plates will increase. When charging, the lead sulfate crystallites are difficult to recover, which hinders the charging process.
In short, blocking the charging process will damage the battery life!
2. How to judge whether the battery is over-discharged?
Measure the voltage of a single battery with a discharger or multimeter DC voltage range:
1. If the whole battery is overdischarged and the voltage of each battery is comparatively close, then charging with the appropriate charger can basically recover after two to five times of charging and discharging.
2. If there is only one overdischarge in the whole battery, then charge with a single charger. If the charger indicator is green, the exclusion is caused by overdischarge. If the indicator is red, it can be temporarily designated as overdischarge. After more than two consecutive charges and discharges, see if the discharge time and voltage rise, and if so, continue charging and discharging until qualified.
3. How to prevent the self-discharge of Panasonic battery?
Excessive discharge is actually the work that many users will encounter. Excessive use of electricity will lead to the decline of battery capacity and service life of batteries. Therefore, it is also important to maintain batteries in daily life.
1. Not often use after discharge, charging in time
Overcharging of batteries is not good for batteries, but it is harmful to recharge batteries if they are over discharged. If the user often overdischarge, and still adhere to the use after discharge, a long time, will also cause great damage to the battery.
2. Charging to avoid too high or too low temperature
In fact, the requirement of battery for heat and cold is not high, just at room temperature. Excessive high simply causes the rise of battery temperature, damages battery function, and low simply decreases battery activity, which leads to poor battery acceptance, more charges and discharges, and indirectly shortens the service life of electric vehicle battery.
3. Finally, Panasonic battery manufacturers suggest that for batteries that have been shelved for a long time, it is not recommended to use them immediately. It is better to charge them first and then use them again, so as to protect the batteries from harm.